Woof Wednesday: Episode 7
Thanks for joining us for Woof Wednesday Episode 7 recap. Prefer to watch the broadcast? You can watch Episode 7 in full ➡️ here.
From the Community
We have just a couple of pupdates from the community this week:
Happy 9th BarkDay to Pixie 🎂
Happy Housewarming to Franky Lilo Pattison! 🏡
Voting closes soon in the Bupa Blog Awards. Vote for your favourite Pet Blog at ➡️http://theblueroom.bupa.com.au/blogawards
Pets of the Homeless Love Tales photo shoot is on this weekend at St Kilda. All the info at ➡️http://petsofthehomeless.org.au/lovetales
Floofer Friday Winners
This week’s theme was ‘heart’ for World Heart Day.
DM us or send an email with your postal address to email@example.com so we can post you a Happiness is Dog Shaped Dog Collar charm bundle.
This week’s Floofer Friday photo challenge will get you outside!
Thanks for the terrific suggestions for the interview series. We’ve had requests for interviews with pet nutritionists, pet photographers photography, pet parents and more. The first few of our guests have been confirmed and are now working on the schedule.
We were also thinking of interviewing someone who might be able to round up some great Christmas gift ideas for us, suggest ways to make our homes more pet friendly and maybe even look at ways we can include our dogs in special celebrations – like weddings and parties. What do you think of this?
We are also keen to interview some pet parents. If you know someone with an interesting story, please let us know in the comments below or send us an email or direct message.
Do you have any other suggestions as to who you would like us to interview? If so, drop them in the comments below or send us an email.
Tips and Tricks
Tip #1 Prepare for tick season
As Australia’s paralysis tick season officially starts, now is the time to protect your dogs against paralysis ticks. As someone who has a dog die from paralysis tick many, many years ago, it’s something that I’m vocal about. Speak with your vet as to what is the best treatment option for your dog and avoid your dog becoming very sick from a preventable issue.
Tip # 2 Removing pet hair from furniture
To remove pet hair from upholstery, dampen a rubber glove and run your gloved hand over it.
Tip # 3 Instagram
We were asked to share some social media tips. Our tip this week is to set up your Instagram profile for success by making your bio as engaging as possible:
- Share your location – it’s one of the first things that brands will look for when wanting to collaborate with you;
- Add interesting information about your account – you may be a brand ambassador, a top fundraiser or have awards to be proud of;
- You may want to share the details of an upcoming event or another significant date (such as a book launch ;-)); and
- Add a weblink – it might be to your blog, your Facebook page or perhaps an event your raising funds for or wanting to create awareness around.
That’s our three tips for next week! Did you find these useful? Are these the sorts of tips you’d like or would you like us to focus on a specific topic in more detail?
This Week’s Giveaway!
This week’s giveaway is very special. We have received some advance copies of the book and we’re giving away two copies.
There’s three ways for you to enter:
- Follow us on Instagram @happinessshaped, share your favourite happiness photo using #happinessisdogshaped and tag two people in your post; or
- Like us on Facebook at /happinessisdogshaped and add your happiness photo to the pinned post; or
- Subscribe to our newsletter at happinessisdogshaped.com
You can enter as many times as you like and all existing newsletter subscribers will be eligible for the prize. Entries are open until 11.59pm Tuesday 10th October, 2017 and we will announce the winners in Episode 8 of Woof Wednesday.
Are you excited? Can we hear a YES?!!
From the BarkBlog
This month, in our Working Dogs Series, we interview Nic and her dog Lenny, who is learning sign language.
Eight years ago Nicola began losing her hearing and as a result she learnt to lip-read, had a cochlear implant and learnt Australian Sign Language (AusLan). But, Nic still struggles to hear some environmental sounds. This is where Lenny comes in. We asked Nic:
- Why did you decide to teach Lenny AusLan?
- Can any dog learn sign language?
- How do dogs learn sign language?
- How do dogs learn sign language without fingers?
- And, what does Lenny do in his spare time?
Be sure to check out the post on the Barkblog for a super cute video of Nic signing Lenny’s name!
Next week on the BarkBlog
Ugh, have you seen all those horrible stories on the news lately about snakes dropping out of ceiling vents, coming in to homes and generally just being everywhere? We’re whipping up a quick post on protecting your doggo against snakes. And, we’ll be opening up our Christmas Card Exchange. 🎄
Important: update your address
So, there’s just 12 days until the book arrives. That’s going to go by in the blink of an eye and it won’t be long until we’re shipping out all the pre-orders. If you have changed address since you ordered your copy of the book, now is the time to send through your updated details. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible as we’ll be printing address labels for pre-orders soon.
Have you left us a review?
If you’ve received your Happiness Dog Collar Charms from us in the post, we’d really love to hear what you think. You can leave us a review on our Facebook page and at our store. We’re really appreciate it.
Of course, we’d love to see a photo of your doggo wearing their charm too! We share photos from the community each week in our newsletter.
A final reminder…
- notify of your updated shipping details if you’ve pre-ordered the book and recently changed your address.
- enter this week’s giveaway on Instagram @happinessisdogshaped, Facebook or by subscribing.
- Watch Episode 7 in full ➡️ here.
See you next week!
Cover Image: Ryan Walton